Although founded relatively recently, this peaceful and modest hamlet is located in a region that has been populated since antiquity.
Evidence of this past is found in the Iberian figure of a bull that was discovered by chance in the region of Riaza and the Moorish tower dating back to the Medieval period, which, renamed the Tower of Don Lucas by the Christians and converted into a singular shrine to the Virgin Mary, extends its prismatic form above the plain of the Campiña.
When the order of the Minims of Saint Francis of Paula established a base in the cordovan convent of Nuestra Señora de la Victoria, the city council provided them with land to cultivate in the area surrounding La Guijarrosa, where they erected a farmhouse that was given the same name as the Convent.
The seasonal farm workers who came to the area to work the lands owned by the order formed a settlement that achieved independence from La Rambla and became a municipality in its own right in 1840.
Near La Victoria
Add to planner