At the foot of the Sierra del Cambrón, where the ruins of the walls of the medieval Tolote still stand, the white-washed walls of the hamlet of Los Blázquez are the product of post-war restoration as the locality suffered considerable damage during the conflict.
The Town Hall and the church are also new white-washed buildings that dominate the bright plaza, elevated like a podium above the streets.
The hamlet of Los Blázquez probably arose at the end of the 15th century, when inhabitants of the neighbouring town of Fuente Obejuna settled in a country estate within the area, using their surname, Velázquez or Blázquez, to name the newly founded hamlet, which was originally a dependency of Fuente Obejuna.
Once a municipality forming part of the Cinco Aldeas [five hamlets], Los Blázquez achieved independence in 1842.
Near Los Blázquez
Add to planner