Fuente La Lancha

The straight road that joins Villanueva del Duque with Hinojosa merely caresses the modest hamlet of Fuente la Lancha, as though it feared to awaken the locality.

 

The blinking neon signs of bars and discos line the roadside, as participants of impetus and progress. 

 

The centre of the village remains true to traditional forms, whilst paying homage to Santa Catalina and the Virgen de Guía, whose image makes an overnight stop in the village each October.      

 

  • The village is located in the western area of Los Pedroches, next to the C-420 road.
  • Distance from Córdoba: 82 km.
  • Altitude: 558 m. 
  • Surface area: 7.8 km2.
  • Population: 415.
  • Term used to designate inhabitants: Lanchegos.
  • Region: Los Pedroches. 

 

Fuente la Lancha [Lancha: a small flat pebble] arose as a hamlet dependent on the neighbouring town of Hinojosa del Duque in the first half of the 15th century,  and, along with the latter, formed a part of the Countship of Belalcázar.  

 

In 1820 the locality achieved the status of village along with its municipal independence. 

38.4226,-5.04891

Near Fuente La Lancha