Villanueva is surrounded by marvellous pasturelands filled with ilexes, which, in addition to an enviable landscape, provide alimentation for a variety of livestock.
Set amidst this sway of vegetation, Villanueva de Córdoba rests quietly on the plain, whilst the austere and slender tower of San Miguel, proclaiming the imperishability of granite, rises above the houses, like a shepherd watching over a flock.
Villanueva de Córdoba arose at the beginning of the 15thcentury, on one of the side roads along the route between Córdoba and Toledo.
The village originally bore the name of Encinaenana, which was changed to the present toponym in 1499.
Originally a dependency of Pedroche, Charles V granted it the status of village in 1553 and the locality henceforth formed a part of the Siete Villas de los Pedroches [ seven villages of los Pedroches].
Near Villanueva de Córdoba
Add to planner
Villanueva de Córdoba Tourist Office:
Teléfono: +34 957 120 603