Marking the southern entrance point into Córdoba, Encina Reales stretches out on either side of the road to Malaga.
The parish church, the Iglesia de la Expectación, rises above the roofs in the eastern quarter, holding a mystical dialogue with the Chapel of the Calvario, which stands in the outskirts.
Between each temple, the village lays out a maze of streets, which have recovered their traditional names, such as Pozo Dulce, Pilar, Umbría or Eras.
Farmers who worked the Castil-Rubio pasture towards the end of the 16th century established a settled that, in the 17th century, had become a hamlet and a dependency of Lucena, under the name of Encina Ralas [Scattered Ilexes], which, over the course of time, would be transformed into the present name.
In 1836, the hamlet achieved independence from Lucena to set up a Town Hall and seven years later the Provincial Council established the municipal area.
Near Encinas Reales
Add to planner