Underneath the cemetery of Monturque lies an interesting group of underground constructions that was discovered in 1885.
According to Professor P.J. Lacort these constructions were originally cisterns to store water; las Minas, as they are known by the locals, consist of twelve chambers with barrel vaults, distributed into three parallel naves, with circular openings in the upper part.
Behind the cemetery the lower part of a large Roman public edifice has been excavated, which P. J. Lacort considers to be a cryptoportico which could have been used as a store.
Near Roman Cisterns of Monturque